Over 8 years of running commercial websites to work online for Google and other affiliate programs, I like to show you free ways of how to get traffic to your website or blog. Many webmasters think having a website with beautiful design is all they need to attract surfers. However, their concepts are only 10% right. The other 90% of getting website traffic takes hard work and diligence and time. The answer is simple. You must tell people about your website or blog. You must advertise the site to surfers so they know about it.
You might already know about how to design your website or blog to get fresh content, title and mega tags with keyword-rich contents. For example, for my website, my title is “How To Make Money Online”, meta tags I put “make money working for Google, earn money with Google, making money with Google AdSense, etc.”
Some people spend tons of dollars to advertise on Google AdWords or Yahoo Searches, I want to show you free tips for getting traffic without costing you a cent.
- Submit your website or blog to search engines. Don’t submit too many times a month because you may get banned from it. Some of popular search engines you may submit to are: Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL, Alexa, and so on. You can search on Google to get more search engines. Working online for Google and other affiliates require your patience, diligence, and time.
- Submit your website or blog to link directories. These web directories you can find either online or at forums like DigitalPoint forum. Make short titles before you submit. For example, I make a title for my site to submit to link directories as “How To Make Money Online”.
- Submit your website or blog to social networking sites such as Digg, Twitter, Facebook, Mixx, etc. Don’t submit many links on one of your site to these social networking sites a day, you may get banned.
- Write articles and submit them to article directories. You will get at least 2 or 3 links at the author’s area.
Update your blog or website with new content/pages at least weekly. Search engines like fresh content.
These are free ways to get traffic on my websites and blogs, other webmasters may have some other ways. That is how I did every day, week, month, year to get traffic on my sites. Remember, you can’t get traffic overnight. It takes time, diligence, and hard work when you work online from home.